The home page
1. Your account
Your name is displayed at the top left of your screen. Click your name to access your profile. If you have a Guest account, as you can see on the screnshot above, you will see a registration form instead.
The green meter below your name shows your current VRI level. The progress bar gives you an idea of how close you are to the next level.
The number in the blue area of the circular button is your eSailing World Championship ranking. Click it to see the ranking in your country.
2. Number of online skippers
Pretty self explanatory, this number is the number of players currently connected.
3. Offshore Link
This button will lead you to our other game, Virtual Regatta Offshore.
4. Your in-game currency and the store
Red chips are credits, blue chips are stickers and green chips are tokens. The shopping cart icon gives you access ot the store where you can purchase credits, unlock stickets and tokens, and start your VIP subscription.
- Credits allow you to buy stickers and tokens.
- Stickers allow you to customize your boats.
- Token allow you to equip race helps during your races.
5. Your language
Click the flag to switch the game to one of the 11 available languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, German and Dutch).
6. The categories
There are 5 categories
- Custom Games
- Allows the community to create races with the options of their choice
- They can also create championships, which is a succession of several races and automatically calculates the score
- Are competitions to train before the official events
- Are the challenges that count towards the Esailing World Championship
- Pro Racer
- Are challenges that allow you to bet credits and potentially earn more.
- Are 1v1 challenges
From left to right:
- Help, go to this tab for the Sailing School, and various links to help
- The Marina, this button will allow you to customize your boats with colors and logos by purchasing them with stickers.
- Your friends, this button allows you to access your friends list and see their ranking.
- The messages, this button allows you to access your private messaging.
When you finish a race, you receive a random barrel that contains rewards.
9. Other options
From left to right:
- The news, this button gives you access to the news of the game.
- Your record of achievements, this button gives you access to your record of achievements. You will find all the races you have participated in, your results, and the corresponding points.
- Settings, this button gives you access to the game settings. You can activate or not the sounds and the background music of the game. You can also change the language of your game in this interface.
The race interface
1. The map
This section gives you real-time information on the race course and the position of your competitors. Click it (or press the C key on your keyboard) to see the race from above.
2. The race timer
You can see your timer here, as well as how many race marks you passed and how many are left.
3. The race ranking
This section shows your ranking and how far you are from the other competitors. You will also see the countries your competitors are from, and the color of their boat.
4. Race tools
These buttons allow you to perform specific actions in game:
- Auto Best VMG: you can unlock this with a token before the race begins. This allows you to optimize the course of your boat, taking into account the next course mark and the angle of the wind.
- The red button allows you to tack/jibe while maintaining your angle to the wind.
- The yellow button allows you to ease your sails, which slows your boat down and eventually stops it.
- The blue button allows you to switch sails, which optimizes your speed according to your course.
5. Messages and emojis
Use this button to send short predefined messages and emojis to your competitors.
6. Boat speed
These numbers indicate your current speed and VMG. If your VMG is optimal, as is the case on the screenshot above, your speed turns green. When your VMG is not optinal, a visual indicator appears showing you the optimal VMG. The green mark next to the boat icon indicates that your boat is speeding up. It turns red when your boat is slowing down.
7. Wind angle and wind speed
These numbers indicate the wind angle and how strong it is.
Click this button to access various settings such as sound effects, music and game language, and to return to the main menu.